Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Medical update 10th June

After further consultations with a chemo doctor and a radiology doctor, I begin radiation therapy this Friday (12th). The hope is that 10 treatments on consecutive days will reduce the primary tumour so that I can eat solid food, for the first time in months!

The, after a break of around 3 weeks, I would begin chemotherapy. I have to be honest and say that I didn't really want to undergo either, having never been too keen on pumping poison into my body, but I was advised that without treatment I have only weeks left to live - not a great option!

We continue to be immensely grateful for the prayers, messages and chocolates being sent our way! It is deeply humbling to be so deeply loved.

13 comments:

  1. Hello Philip thank you for posting your medical update and for sharing so openly your feelings. Just been woken by my alarm for my first prayer time of the day for you so it's good to pray more specifically, though I know God knows all about you anyway! Praying for you faithfully and thinking of you with the deepest of love, Mary xxxx love to all the family xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you often..love to you all. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil, just a brief message to say that I am continually praying for you throughout each day. I understand your concerns about the prospect of radiotherapy or chemotherapy after having recently started a six month course of dual-chemotherapy treatment myself. I pray that you will have a deep awareness of the prayers of many, many people asking our Father, God to uphold you so that you will experience more and more of His presence, healing and peace within.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Phil, Monika and Family
      We continue to pray for you. God Bless
      Love David and Pip

      Delete
  5. Praying for you, Brother. Together in Christ. Steve Bligh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you & your family, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continuing to pray for you Phil and your family daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers rising from Avondale guys. Let us know if there's anything we can help with - I dunno, transport, lawn mowing, running around, stuff like that . Just ask 0223238564

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lawn mowing cairnsMates rates property maintenance, provide garden maintenance cairns, lawn mowing cairns, pressure washing cairns, office cleaners cairns and lawn mowing service cairns

    ReplyDelete