Wednesday, April 27, 2016

2 nights, 2 hospitals

I have an oncology appointment every 2 months, just to keep an eye on things, and blood test beforehand. This week's tests showed my kidney operation was only at 20%, so I went to our local hospital. A scan revealed that the lymph nodes were pressing on the tubes between the kidneys and the bladder, and restricting urine flow, meaning my kidneys were unable to function. So, a night in Middlemore hospital.

Middlemore doesn't really do urology, so I was transferred to Auckland City hospital. They inserted two plastic tubes into my ureters, which involved the one medical procedure I have been dreading the most - gentlemen, feel free to cross your legs at this stage! Anyway, the operation was successful, so I am free flowing once more.

Other god news - they have booked me in to have the two tubes replaced in 9-12 months time. By which time I'll be over a year beyond my original prognosis!!

8 comments:

  1. God news for sure. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tough Phil - I'd like to say that I feel your pain but I don't and hasten to say (I hope you don't mind) that I don't want to either. The good news I see is that you're back in business and fully functioning - amazing!!

    It is exactly 1 year to this day that I had my tumour and 15 lymph nodes (4 that were cancerous) removed. I have mixed feelings regarding the experience but I am so thankful to God that He was with me and my family throughout the whole experience, I remain cancer free and that I am able to get on with life, although not firing fully on all 'cylinders'.

    I pray for you daily that God will continue to bless you with His healing power and presence and that you continue to defy the odds and medical prognosis and continue to be an amazing witness for Him to others like myself.
    BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL,
    John, Joanne, Nathan & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news and a reminder to keep praying for you.
    Graham Poland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news Phil and Monika

    Praying each day for you both.
    Love David and Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I'm Grace Davis - my parents recently heard you talk at Glenfield Methodist Church. I think they told you about me and gave you a copy of Torch News, the magazine from the charity I work for. Hopefully they also mentioned that Torch Trust has a radio programme and if at all possible, I would love to interview you for the show please? My email address is graced@torchtrust.org
    Many thanks, Grace

    ReplyDelete